to follow Jesus closely...

I have been really blessed by a book that I am currently reading, entitled, "They Found the Secret", by V. Raymond Edman. In this book, I just read the chapter about Amy Carmichael, and one of the poems she wrote was very inspiring for the person who is seeking to follow Jesus closely.

Amy Carmichael

From Prayer that asks that I may be
Sheltered from winds that beat on Thee
From fearing when I should aspire
From faltering when I should climb higher
From silken self, O Captain, free
Thy soldier who would follow Thee.

From subtle love of softening things
From easy choices, weakenings
Not thus are spirits fortified
Not this way went the Crucified

From all that dims Thy Calvary
O Lamb of God, deliver me
Give me the love that leads the way
The faith that nothing can dismay

The hope no disappointments tire
The passion that will burn like fire
Let me not sink to be a clod
Make me Thy fuel, Flame of God.

Popular posts from this blog

What is godless chatter?

Knowing Jesus and Making Jesus Known

John 5:1-15 (Sermon Outline)