"Himself" by Dr. A.B. Simpson

I was really blessed by this powerful poem I read this morning. It was written by the late Dr. A.B. Simpson, on the importance of putting Christ before all.

Once it was the blessing, now it is the Lord

Once it was the feeling, now it is His word

Once His gifts I wanted, now the Giver own

Once I sought for healing, now Himself alone

Once ‘twas painful trying, now ‘tis perfect trust

Once a half salvation, now the uttermost

Once ‘twas ceasless holding, now He holds me fast

Once ‘twas constant drifting, now my anchor’s cast

Once ‘twas busy planning, now ‘tis trustful prayer

Once ‘twas anxious caring, now He has the care

Once ‘twas what I wanted, now what Jesus says

Once ‘twas constant asking, now ‘tis ceaseless praise

Once it was my working, His it hence shall be

Once I tried to use Him, now He uses me

Once the power I wanted, now the Mighty One

Once for self I labored, now for Him alone...

Popular posts from this blog

What is godless chatter?

Knowing Jesus and Making Jesus Known

John 5:1-15 (Sermon Outline)