My Birthday Letter to Jeremiah


Happy 1st Birthday Jeremiah! I am so blessed to be your daddy and so proud of you. 

Thank you so much for teaching me so many deep and profound truths this year of how my Heavenly Father loves me and is for me, and will never leave me or forsake me (Isaiah 41:10). I know this more than ever before, because of my relationship with you son.

Thank you for showing me in such a sweet way of how God's plan for me is good, and will make sure that His plan is fulfilled in my life (Philippians 1:6). I know this more than ever before, because of how I feel about your future son.

It is my greatest desire to patiently guide you in the ways of the Lord, to purposefully capture moments everywhere I can, in order to teach you deeper truths about Jesus' love and plan for you. I hope that I can give you a clear picture of what a loving husband and father look like, so that you can in turn become a loving husband and father also. I hope that through my relationship with Jesus, you will be inspired to live your life to the fullest by giving God your best each day. 

Thank you for showing me that even when I go to sleep with spiritual poopy pants after a bad day of saying the wrong things, thinking the wrong thoughts, or doing the wrong things that dishonor our Lord, that God's deepest desire is to get me out of the spiritual poop I find myself in as quickly as possible, and simply clean me up and give me a new start each day (Lamentations 3:22-23). I know this because I will never be mad at you or give up on you no matter how many times I have had to change your poopy pants in the past, and I will still love you and clean you up no matter how many times in the future I have to continue changing your poopy pants. 

Thank you for showing me that there is absolutely nothing that will ever cause God to give up on me (Hebrews 13:5-6), simply because I know I will never give up on you. I know all of this at such a far deeper level about my relationship with God, simply because this is how my relationship with you is son. 

I am so thankful to be your daddy, and so looking forward to watching God grow you into the man He intends for you to be (Jeremiah 1:5), and to watch you live out the plan He has for your life (Jeremiah 29:11).

My prayer for you today is from Ephesians 3:16-20, "I pray that from God's glorious, unlimited resources He will empower you with inner strength through His Spirit. Then Christ will make His home in your heart as you trust in Him. Your roots will grow down into God's love and keep you strong. And may you have the power to understand, as all God's people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God."

I love you so much Jeremiah, Happy Birthday!

Popular posts from this blog

What is godless chatter?

Knowing Jesus and Making Jesus Known

John 5:1-15 (Sermon Outline)